DISH Network antenna installation
When you sign up as a new customer through Internetlion.com, you receive free DISH Network® antenna installation, so there’s no reason for you to grab the tools out of the shed and climb a ladder to visit your roof. The only real benefit of do-it-yourself DISH Network antenna installation is that if, for some reason, free satellite antenna installation was not part of your standard package deal, you can save on the installation fee. However, you should keep in mind that unless you are a DISH Network antenna installation professional, there may be some complications. Internetlion.com is here to help.
What are possible DISH Network antenna installation complications?
DISH Network antennas are relatively small parabolic antennas with a simple design. They are meant to be fairly easy and typical satellite antenna installation projects. The most common issues are:
- Improperly mounting the DISH Network satellite antenna so that it wobbles and eventually leans. This will make the DISH Network antenna lose its signal.
- The pole or tri-mast is far from being plumb (exactly perpendicular). This turns the act of properly pointing the dish practically impossible.
- Forgetting to tighten any brackets on DISH Network antennas after your adjustments, including the LNB. as these collars loosen over time, this will lead to a slow and incremental loss of signal.
- Turning the DISH Network antennas too fast when trying to accurately point them during your DISH Network antenna installation. If you don’t give your receiver the chance to inform you that you are on the signal, you will frustrate yourself as you keep passing it with your overshot adjustments.
- Making the mistake of sitting contentedly on a good or even high strength reading on a dish satellite antenna but not actually achieving a true lock on the dish satellite service signal.
- Not adequately grounding your DISH Network satellite antenna to proper compliance.
- Being careless during the mounting of your DISH Network satellite antenna, therefore creating a leak on the roof into your home.
- Not correctly measuring the necessary amount of cable you need to reach your receivers. If the cable is not long enough, several pieces can be joined together, but this may affect the quality of your signal reception.
DISH Network antenna installation is free for new customers, and is best handled by DISH Network antenna installation professionals. You can have your DISH Network satellite service up and running within 24 hours of calling and placing your order through Internetlion.com. You can also read further about how to install your satellite dish on your own.
What DISH Network antenna installation mistake should I avoid?
Even if you do a very fine job with your initial satellite antenna installation, over time you will have to get to your dish satellite antenna to make adjustments. Therefore, if you decide to install on your own, you should always give yourself access to your satellite dish. Not doing so is a common mistake that occurs to many people while attempting a DISH Network antenna installation.
Internetlion.com reminds you now to make sure you choose a place for your DISH Network satellite antenna that is easily accessible for you throughout the year. Do to inclement weather, at times you may have to remove items like plastic bags or tree branches from your DISH Network antennas.
The golden rule of any satellite antenna installation project is: safety first. If it wasn’t safe getting out there the first time, it will always be unsafe when you set out to deal with your DISH Network satellite antenna. Whether you decide to install your satellite dish on your own install your satellite dish on your own or let the pros do the work, always keep in mind your DISH Network antennas’ overall accessibility.
How do I maintain uninterrupted dish satellite service?
Once you have finished the proper installation of your DISH Network satellite antenna, you want to know how to maintain excellent dish satellite service.
- Make sure you have the right receiver for your needs. If you’re paying for HDTV, you want to make sure you have an HD receiver, otherwise the advanced dish satellite service you are paying for just won’t be coming through the way it should.
- Make sure the dish is as close as possible to where the TV will stand.
- Purchase a satellite finder if you find yourself repeatedly having to make adjustments.
- Keep your DISH Network satellite antenna free from obstructions like trees, pipes etc.
Your DISH Network antenna installation should take a couple of hours and should be stress-free. Remember to be safe and call customer service if you have any other questions. Call the number on your screen or click here to find out more about getting started with DISH Network.
Disclaimer: Please note that this article was written when the satellite TV provider DISH was branded as DISH Network. As of 2/1/2012 DISH Network has changed their branding name to DISH. Article post date: 12/31/2009.